Friday, August 04, 2006

A Date With Myself

I delighted myself to a movie. But not on a movie house, coz first, It was 1:30 in the morning, second, I can't go on a movie house alone, and third, I don't wanna go to a movie house alone, just to make things complex, I mean clear, haha!

Rather, I stayed in the comfort of my own bed, enjoying the luxury of deafening silence of early dawn, my son succumbed to dreamland, nobody is awake, just too perfect to watch a movie. The only time in 24hours I can call my own. I picked The Devil Wears Prada among my DVDs on que to be watched.

That was the 'nth time I treated myself a movie watch. Moreover, I also learned to do the groceries alone, go to my dentist alone, shopping by myself, bring our son to pedia/dentist with a nanny, and plenty more else tasking them solo mio. Okay, knock it off right there Joan! I know what it is called, MELANCHOLIA ATTACK! Red alert! Red alert! Hahaha! Nah, I'm just missing my husband :).

Alright, back to the movie. The Devil Wears Prada is a best-selling novel about a young woman who stumbles into the hectic worlds of high fashion and publishing, and was given life by Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep into the big screen. Definitely a fashion movie which takes place in the world of haute couture. I love Hathaway performing the role, she is one of the best-dressed hollywood young stars of our time, I believe. She is so funny. Not to mention Stanley Tucci as the Runway art director who presents a homosexual man. Tucci is always a well-judged actor in every character he embodies, 5-star for him. And of course, the best performance comes from Streep. She was the high-powered editor of Runway. Her all the time blank yet poised expression is the blast of the movie I think. Certainly she was referred to as the devil who was wearing Prada, haha. To sum, it is a lightweight comic movie. If you're a Sex and the City fanatic, Manolo Blahniks dreamer, and a fashion buff on top, well this movie is a must-see for you.

Let me cap-off this writing, by my favorite line delivered by Meryl Streep ...

"That's all!"