Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's Finding NEMO (this time)!

Several times I have encountered these dialogues while watching FINDING NEMO with my son. And I know as a mother, that these wordings made an impact and somehow change my view on when to say "NO" to my son.



Find out yourselves:



FIRST CONVERSATION:

CRUSH: Curl away my son. It's awesome jelly man. The little dudes are just eggs . We leave 'em on a beach to hatch, and then, coo-coo-cach they find their way back to the big 'ol blue.

MARLIN: All by themselves?

CRUSH: Yeah.

MARLIN: But dude, how do you know when they're ready?

CRUSH: Well, you never really know. But when they know, you'll know, you know? Ha!


SECOND CONVERSATION:

DORY: There, there it's all right. It'll be okay.

MARLIN: No, no, it wont.

DORY: Sure it will. You'll see.

MARLIN: No, I promised him I'd never let anything happen to him.

DORY: Huh. That's a funny thing to promise.

MARLIN: What?

DORY: You can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him. Not much fun for little Harpo.


THIRD CONVERSATION:

DORY: He says its time to let go. Everything's gonna be all right.

MARLIN: How do you know? How do you know something bad isn't gonna happen?

DORY: I don't!