Friday, January 12, 2007

A Surprise Birthday Celebration!




The element of surprise never fails at all time, as a catalyst in showing how important a person for you is. And that element brought laughter and hidden tears to Honey on a surprise party held two days before his birthday. Of course, headed by his beautiful wife, that's me, hehe! Made possible of course, by my in-laws.

The story .... Since we are staying here in Marilao, I was given a chance to do something different on Honey's birthday, and make it a little extra distinguished from the past. I contacted my sister in-law Ronel to tell my M-I-L (mom-in-law) the brilliant idea playing in my mind. I told them to invite all the possible relatives who could come to make the celebration more unanticipated. The venue: in my in-laws house in Caloocan.

I spent a day and a night in making a beautiful digiscrap for Honey. It took me that long coz I had to do it in discreet, away from my two boys. When I was done, I asked Ate Rowel, my elder sis-in-law, to have it printed on a tarpauline sized 4x4 feet, which will serve as a backdrop during Honey's party. I had it emailed and after few problems and alterations, everything was "k" okay. I also ordered underhand, a photo cake with Jett and Honey's picture in SM Marilao Red Ribbon. So nanny and I had to hide it in the car's compartment and covered it with the car cover so he won't see it.

It was on a Sunday when the party was held. It was also our schedule to visit in-laws in Caloocan coz Jett and Honey will have their regular haircut, so he really had no idea what is gonna happen. As we disembark from the car and started approaching the door, which was closed and dark inside (very unusual). Little did Honey know, everyone was hiding to surprise him. And when he opened the door, everybody shouted in synch "Happy Birthday"!!!! The ambiance was so festive. The kids were in party hats, there were two dozens of white and blue baloons, food and different viands were overflowing, the tarpauline came late, but it is so gorgeous and was admired by everyone including myself for bringing this work of art into life. And to top it all, relatives from outside Manila were there, sharing the moment.

I knew it!!! He was disoriented for one minute, and very much in awe, and well, for an emotional being like my husband is, teary eyes were anticipated. He turned to me and told me in certainty, "Ikaw lahat nagpasimuno nito noh?" and he kissed me.

You know what, I was also in cloud nine during the event. Seeing my husband with an inexplicable happiness is larger than life to me. To my Honey, I want you to know that you are such a wonderful person inside and out. I witnessed it personally on this occasion. Many people wanted to bring blessedness in your life on their own little ways. And this is one big means to show you how much we appreciate your existence and bringing inspiration to our lives. To Ate Rowel, Ronel, Lai, and my Mom-in-law and all the Tita's, thanks for sharing this wonderful event in Bobby's life. I really am grateful about it!

I love you so much Honey!!! Jett and I and our soon to born daughter, are so privilege to have you in our lives. You were born to be not just a Father, but the best Father in the world, I could attest to that! Happy Birthday!!!! Mwuah!