Thursday, December 08, 2005

Divisoria - shoppers best friend!


Shopping was so much fun and easy, I did not mind Jett came along, good thing I bring lots of manpower to do the running after Jett (Mama, cousin, niece, and helper went with me), while others are taking turns to do shopping. 168 Shopping Mall is the sanctuary for bargain hunters like me, but if you are looking for chic and budget-wise clothes, the selections are very minimal, otherwise souvenir items that are good for family christmas gifts are very much affordable and impressive in style in this place. I also bought here toys that will be used for Jett's birthday giveaways in markdown prices (they lessen P10 off the price if you buy in bulk). Bags are cheaper compared to Greenhills shopping mall, so I took the chance to buy a pair of bag and wallet. We were satisfied yet with what we purchased, so we transferred to Tutuban Shopping Mall, just a block away from 168 Mall. I love shopping for clothes here, very much in trend and in widest selections. We also bought in sidewalk christmas wrappers for the gifts in very cheap price. I did not find Santa christmas decor here, that I was hoping to buy in discounted price compared to SM. Well, I just bought santa in SM yesterday.

My Christmas gift lists are unpolished still, so we will definitely be back in Divisoria to complete my record. By next time, Honey will be my accomplice so I will enjoy shopping more, I always want to bring him in such places, coz he is not use to those, hehe. I wanna go to midnight market outside Tutuban Mall for our next off, I've been a frequent buyer in that night bazaar since I was spouseless, and I'm thrilled coz after two years of being away, I am going there again.

The downside? Well, if you plan to go to 168 Shopping Mall, and you have a car, ready your P100 for the parking fee. Parking are very limited, and if you will arrive the place by noon or later, most probably you will find unofficial parking spaces along the side streets which will cost you a hundred bucks. Unlike in Tutuban, there are ample parking slots, well secured, for only P40. If it is possible, bring someone to drive for you or who will take charge to find where to park, so you can get-off the car and start shopping.

Nevertheless, Divisoria is close to my heart especially at this time of the year. Definitely, a shopaholics' best friend!



BG from DSP
Filmstrip from escrapper